- What is your motivation to buy?
- What is your price range?
- What is your timeline to move?
- What are your ideal wants and non-negotiables?
- What are the characteristics you are looking for in a neighborhood?
Planning and Preparation
- Discuss objectives and process with your agent
- Searching for a lender and starting the loan approval process
- Obtain pre-approval letter
- Execute buyer-broker agreement
- Research neighborhoods of interest with your agent
Understanding the Market
- Review market inventory and current transaction levels
- Review contracts and timelines
- Review market forces: supply v. demand, macro v. micro
- Personal timing and seasonal considerations
Your Home Search
- Review online listings and off-market properties with your agent
- Review how online websites work with your agent
- Set up notifications of new and off-market properties
- Attend open houses and showings with your agent
- Narrow down ideal locations and type of home
Offers and Negotiation Strategies
- Learn the purchase contract
- Discuss offer / multiple-offer strategies (if applicable)
- Offer presentation
- Negotiate to optimize price and terms
- Acceptance of offer/counter offers
- Open escrow and send fully execute contract
- Wire initial deposit
- Notify lender and begin the loan approval process
- Order appraisal
- Sign and return escrow instructions
- Research insurance for homeowner coverage
- Provide escrow with title information
Inspections and Disclosures
- Schedule all desired home inspections
- Review disclosures and reports
- Approve or negotiate repairs based on inspection reports
- Review all seller and state required disclosures
- Review and approve preliminary title report
- Meet deadlines and remove contingencies
- Schedule final walk-through prior to close of escrow
- Review closing statement from escrow
- Meet with escrow to sign remaining documents
- Schedule wire for down payment and closing costs
- Set up utilities
- Closing, key delivery and celebration
- Move in to the property
Final Actions/Working Together Again
- Staying in touch and keep you informed
- Referrals, testimonials and reviews
- Second homes and investment properties
- Providing resources and introductions
Phil is an amazing realtor. He guided me through buying my first home with ease. Always able to answer any questions I had. He’s reliable and always willing to help! I couldn’t be happier with my purchase.
Phil was extremely helpful throughout the home buying process. He was always available from looking at around 20 houses in a weekend to just answering any questions I had. He was very supportive and reliable. I couldn’t recommend him more and glad he helped me through this exciting and stressful time. He is a great realtor and now a great friend.
Phil is a great realtor! He is incredibly patient, and really listens to what you are looking for. He always goes to bat for his clients and really watches out and protects your interests, throughout the entire process. He knows the San Diego area well and gives excellent advice to help you find your dream home! He is trustworthy, kind and a lot of fun to work with! Should we decide to sell in the future -we will definitely use Phil to sell our condo and help us find our next home.
My husband and I took a weekend trip to Ventura and were so impressed with the beauty, weather, and vibe that we decided to move from LA to the beach. A friend recommended we hire Austin Victoria as our agent. I was reluctant because he is young and handsome and looks more like an actor than a serious real estate agent. But during the interview he proved to be very knowledgeable, so we signed the contract. We listed our house for sale and had a full price offer in the first week! The more difficult task was finding the right house in Ventura. The market is so strong we knew it would be difficult. We put offers on 3 houses before getting our dream house. All of this happened in 2 weeks! We had closed and moved in within 4 weeks! And the best part of all is that Austin explained how with proposition 90 we could keep our same tax basis even though our house value had almost doubled. None of this would have been possible without Austin’s hard work and determination. Thank you Austin!
My experience with Austin was a very good one. He was professional, detailed, and genuinely caring about my needs and wants. Austin was honest and paid attention to every detail. He was easily reachable and very professional. I would highly recommend him. My house sold the first week on the market for more than I was asking. Won’t hesitate to use him again.